Sunday, April 11, 2010

Learning Journal 10

There was no class last week because it was Easter weekend. It was a nice break off, but unfortunatley I used it for working instead of school work, which brings me behind in most of my class assignments.
It is about time to start to think about the course overall; what I have learned and which aspect that I have learned is the most important. We are most likely going to be talking about this when we write our last synthesis, but I feel like it is valid subject to talk about for one of the last learning journals.
Reading scripts was something very new to me - I had never really read a script before especially before seeing the actual play. The different visions you can have of a production is interesting - you could see a play and it's characters completley the opposite of what the production actually performs. Ultimately, being a person who knows very little to nothing about drama, this class has made me realise the flexibility of putting on a production; the expansion of your creativity is endless. The entertainment of drama is amazing, there is something so much more interesting in watching a play then watching tv. The production being live in front of your eyes, and being able to see the talent of other people, and hard work put behind it is great.
I have really enjoyed this class, and it has opened my new found love for theatre.

No comments:

Post a Comment